Month: August 2020

Jamaican Health authorities issue warning

first_imgKINGSTON, Jamaica, CMC – Health authorities here are urging people to help reduce the number of mosquito breeding sites across the island amid reports that several patients had been admitted to the Bustamante Hospital for Children in recent days.The Ministry of Health in a statement said it was calling on householders and businesses to reduce the number of mosquito breeding sites around their premises warning that while many cases of dengue are mild, persons should seek medical advice if they have belly pain, vomiting, weakness, bleeding, other severe or persistent symptoms.The statement by the ministry comes amidst media reports of an increase in the number of severe dengue cases and it urged the members of the public to cover stored water, empty and clean regularly containers that can collect water, bore holes in containers being discarded, clear away garbage and keep grass and shrubbery low to prevent breeding of mosquitoes.It is also urging the public to protect themselves by wearing long sleeves, especially at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are more likely to be around; use mosquito netting and mosquito repellents frequently as directed on the containers.“Use only paracetamol, cetamol, panadol to treat fever and pain. Many viral illnesses look alike and dengue can be mistaken for other illnesses. Do not use any other pain or fever medication stored at home. Speak to a pharmacist or doctor about the possibility of dengue when pain or fever medication is being prescribed or dispensed,” the Ministry of Health said.Meanwhile Health Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton is expected to lead a delegation to the Gregory Park community which has “a high population of the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes and is being targeted as part of the increased vector control and surveillance initiatives,” the ministry said.last_img read more

Great chance to test ourselves at high level, says Bermuda captain

first_imgBermuda captain Danté Leverock says he and his team-mates are raring to go as they embark on their maiden CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign this summer.Bermuda face Haiti at the Estadio Nacional in San Jose, Costa Rica, on June 16 before taking on Costa Rica at the Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, on June 20. Their final group match will be against Nicaragua at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey, on June 24.“The boys are very excited to prove ourselves and show why we deserve to be among the Concacaf elite,” Leverock, who plays for top-flight Irish side Sligo Rovers, said on Thursday.“It’s a great opportunity for us to test ourselves on a high international level.“Every game will be a hard game and it comes down to the little details and execution on the day.”Bermuda qualified for the Gold Cup for the first time by finishing fifth in the CONCACAF Nations League qualifiers, with three successive victories after losing their opener to Aruba.“I hope this acts an inspiration to the young Bermudian boys and girls for the future,” Leverock added. “I feel privileged to even be involved in this part of history and I’m enjoying the ride.”Bermuda sealed their place in the Gold Cup with a 3-1 away win against Dominican Republic last month.Among their scorers was US-based winger Zeiko Lewis, who has been named winner of the United Soccer League (USL) Championship goal of the week competition.Lewis, 24, netted Charleston Battery’s second goal in a 2-0 home win over Charlotte Independence at the MUSC Health Stadium last weekend.Lewis won 56 per cent of the votes in the USL fans’ choice goal of the week. A total of 1,405 people voted.last_img read more

US House passes Caribbean American congresswoman’s legislation offering immigrants a pathway…

first_imgCaribbean American Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke WASHINGTON,  CMC – The United States House of Representatives has passed the latest version of the DREAM Act, an ambitious expansion of an almost two-decades-long legislative effort that would put millions of young undocumented Caribbean and other immigrants and immigrants with temporary status on a pathway to US citizenship.The Dream and Promise Act of 2019 (H.R. 6), sponsored by Caribbean American Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke, the daughter of Jamaican immigrants, passed the Democratic-controlled House by a vote of 237 to 187. Bi-partisan voteSeven Republicans in the House of Representatives joined all 230 Democrats in voting for the legislation’s passage. The measure now goes to the Republican-controlled Senate.Pathway to citizenship for 2.5 million  Clarke, who represents the 9th Congressional District in Brooklyn, New York, said the Dream and Promise Act provides a pathway to citizenship for 2.5 million Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Deferred Enforcement Departure (DED) recipients, as well as DREAMers. – young undocumented Caribbean and other immigrants who came to the US as children, including those who were protected from deportation by the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.Since Trump assumed the presidency, he has terminated the DACA program, but US courts have blocked it. Clarke, who is chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Immigration Task Force, along with Representatives Roybal-Allard, of California, and Velázquez, of New York, sponsored what Clarke referred to as “this common-sense immigration bill to protect immigrant communities across America.” Clarke told the Caribbean Media Corporation on Wednesday that she ensured H.R. 6 includes rights for TPS and DED recipients, “who are often overshadowed or excluded from immigration legislation.” Standing up for immigrants“Passing the Dream and Promise Act marks a monumental day for more than 2.5 million immigrants in America,” she said. “As Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Immigration Task Force, it is my duty to stand up for immigrants. “They are our neighbors and our friends, and are engrained within the fabric of our communities. “I am proud to champion the rights for Temporary Protected Status recipients, Deferred Enforcement Departure recipients, as well as DREAMers, who call America home, so they will have a pathway to citizenship,” she added. “Each year immigrants eligible for H.R. 6 pay more than US$17.3 billion in federal and nearly US$9.7 billion in state and local taxes,” Clarke continued. “These same immigrant households amass more than US$75 billion in buying power and pay in excess of US$2.5 billion in mortgages annually.”She said more than 180,000 Caribbean and other immigrants in New York qualify under this legislation.last_img read more

AUDIO: Wrestling Boss Meskout Satisfied With Facilities In Port Harcourt For African Championships

first_imgRelated Audio Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Fouad-July-27.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Audio Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Fouad-2-July-27.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. President of the United World Wrestling (Africa) Fouad Meskout has expressed satisfaction with the facilities he saw in Port Harcourt during an inspection tour on Wednesday.The ‘Garden City’ is bidding to host the 2018 Africa Senior Wrestling Championships and Meskout was in town in company of Nigeria Wrestling Federation boss Daniel Igali, Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youth and Sports in Rivers State Michael Nnodi, President, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) Honour Sirawoo and other dignitaries/stakeholders, to inspect facilities earmarked for the tournament.After visiting some hotels and the Indoor Sports Hall of the Alfred Diette-Spiff Civic Center-proposed venue of the competition, the Moroccan who spoke via the aid of an interpreter equally expressed his delight on the reception accorded him in Port Harcourt.“(Port Harcourt) is a wonderful city, they are a wonderful people,” Meskout remarked.“I am very impressed with the infrastructures I’ve seen on ground in the town and then, the warmth of the people.“They are a people who are very welcoming and heartwarming and I’m very happy. I’m deeply touched by the reception.“I am in love with Africa now. The first time I am coming to Nigeria, I’m impressed, very proud of what I have seen on ground here in Nigeria.”A decision on the next host will be made by the Executive Committee of the United World Wrestling (Africa) on 18 August.Tunis – the capital of Tunisia is the other bidding City for the competition, however, Meskout says Port Harcourt has a very good chance of winning the bid to host the annual tourney.“As an inspector from the International (Wrestling) Federation, I have to be neutral-I can’t take sides. But as an expert and a responsible African, after going round the hotels and this wonderful hall (Indoor Sports Hall of the Civic Center) here, I think Nigeria has a very good case and a very good file.“Besides, Tunisia, Morocco and other Northern African countries have organized (the competition) several times while Nigeria is bidding to host it for the first time in history.“Based on all these facts, the Executive Committee of the International Federation is going to decide.“As a Moroccan and President of the United World Wrestling (Africa), I’m personally proud of what I have seen here in Nigeria (Port Harcourt),” an impressed Meskout stated.Meskout rounded-off his inspection tour with a courtesy call on Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, who promised to do all within his powers to ensure that Port Harcourt hosts the tournament.As part of his visit to the country, the Moroccan administrator is expected to pay a courtesy call on Nigeria’s Minister of Youth and Sports Solomon Dalung in Abuja on Thursday.The 2018 African Senior Wrestling Championships will take place in February next year in Port Harcourt or Tunis.last_img read more

Russia 2018 World Cup Qualifying – Denmark Could be without Captain

first_imgRelatedINSIDE AFCON 2019: Nigeria Begin Campaign Against Newcomers BurundiJune 21, 2019In “AFCON 2019″INSIDE AFCON 2019: Eagles Out To Placate Mad Fans With Victory Over Indomitable Lions – Simon (AUDIO)July 4, 2019In “AFCON”Nigerian Players To Watch Ahead Of Russia 2018March 25, 2018In “National Team” Demark National Football Team whose best FIFA World Cup result was achieved in 1998, where they narrowly lost 3–2 in a quarter-final against Brazil could be playing their World Cup Qualifying Group E without their captain, Simon Kjær.Simon Kjær who plays as a centre back for Spanish club Sevilla and the Denmark national team is to be assessed today after picking up an injury while playing for Sevilla against Barcelona, as reported on Breaking NEWS IE.last_img read more

Moyes: New Club, Same Result As Scot Starts Hammers’ Reign With Defeat

first_imgRelatedAntonio Scores Four To Relegate Norwich City, Watford Boosts Survival ChancesJuly 11, 2020In “England”Moyes Earns First Point As Hammers’ ManagerNovember 25, 2017In “England”Odion Ighalo Sets New Mark As Man Utd Crawl Into Top 4July 22, 2020In “England” New West Ham manager David Moyes started his reign on a losing note following his team’s 2-0 loss to rivals Watford at the Vicarage Road on Sunday evening in what was a Matchday 12 London Derby clash.The Scot was brought in as a replacement for the sacked Slaven Bilic till the end of the season with the Hammers in the bottom three however the new appointment has not changed the club’s fortunes for now as goals from Will Hughes and the impressive Richarlison either side of halftime gave Watford a straightforward victory.The win takes Watford (18 points) above newly promoted Brighton and Hove Albion into 8th place while West Ham remain in the bottom three with 9 points from 12 league games.last_img read more

Mr Green appoints Antoine Bonello as Operations lead

first_imgShare Related Articles Ray Wilson, AMLGS: Industry deserves praise for its reaction to a new normal July 23, 2020 Submit Genesis to appeal UKGC’s ‘disproportionate suspension’ July 23, 2020 Antoine BonelloNordic Nasdaq-listed European online gambling group Mr Green & Co has confirmed the appointment of Antoine Bonello as its new Chief Operations Officer (COO) for lead brand Mr Green.  Bonello an industry operations and customer retention specialist joins Mr Green from Paddy Power Betfair where he served as Director of Integration (2016-2017) within the merged enterprise’s Malta and UK offices. He has further served as Head of Customer Experience/Operations for Betfair legacy (2012-2015).As new COO, Bonello joins Mr Green’s executive team, as the European operator restructures the leadership of flagship asset Mr Green. This April, Mr Green & Co governance announced the appointment of Jesper Kärrbrink as Mr Green CEO, reporting directly to group leader Per Norman.Kärrbrink commented on the appointment of Bonello as Mr Green COO: “I’m very happy to have Antoine onboard. He has the perfect profile for a COO role at Mr Green and he also have the perfect personality to fit in at Mr Green. We are on a journey with a strong focus on growing by offering our customers the most entertaining gaming experience possible and doing this in a safe and responsible environment. Key to succeed with this is operational experience, hard work and the ability to think outside the box.“Bonello is set to play a key role as the Mr Green subsidiary seeks to diversify its product range and increase its footprint within regulated European markets.Antoine Bonello, COO Mr Green Ltd, commented his new position: “I’m excited to be joining Mr Green at such a pivotal stage. The business has a sound strategy in place and is delivering effectively against this plan. I’m looking forward to bolster the current growth by enabling the delivery of an entertainment led customer experience with focus on efficient execution and scaling up profitably.” StumbleUpon Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020last_img read more

Gaming machine stakes reduction blocked by Treasury – reports

first_img StumbleUpon British bookmakers received good news this weekend when a source close to Whitehall told the Daily Mail that the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond, would halt the ongoing review into B2 Gaming Machines, more commonly known as fixed odds betting terminals (FOBTs). Having previously been delayed because of the snap election, the long awaited review of gaming machine stakes as part of the Triennial Review by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport was expected to be completed by the Autumn.It was widely speculated that the review would side with political pressure groups who had campaigned for the stakes on FOBTs to be cut to £2. However, bookmakers warned that this would lead to mass job losses within the sector. It is estimated that £1.8bn is wagered on the terminals every year, contributing more than £400m to the Exchequer. A source said that Hammond fears that cutting the stake to £2 would be ‘financially crippling’ for the treasury.Despite this, Labour MP Carolyn Harris, chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Fixed-Odds Betting Terminals (which has been criticised for being funded by competitive forces to betting shops) said: “Britain will be financially better off if we take action on these machines.”The Conservative Party made no mention of FOBTs in its manifesto, but both The Labour Party and The Liberal Democrats pledged to cut the maximum stakes of the terminals to £2. Nonetheless, since losing its majority the government has been forced to drop numerous money raising policies, which has led to an increase in government borrowing and means Hammond is under great pressure to raise government funds. GVC expects strong full year results following online growth January 17, 2020 Share Submit UKGC gambling statistics highlight retail declines May 29, 2020 Related Articles Share SBC’s Year In Review: November’s big betting news December 30, 2019last_img read more

mybet pushes for sale of B2C digital enterprise

first_img Ray Wilson, AMLGS: Industry deserves praise for its reaction to a new normal July 23, 2020 Issuing a market update, the governance of mybet Holdings SE has confirmed that it has secured a non-exclusive ‘term sheet’ (a business arrangement) with a strategic investor ‘outlining the possible sale of its online business’.The Frankfurt Xetra-listed enterprise details that the arrangement has been approved by mybet’s Supervisory Board, which would see the company divest all digital assets operated under the mybet.com domain.Updating investors, mybet governance states that it will target a ‘high-single digit € million’ sale for its digital assets with the strategic investor further securing the exclusive rights of the mybet brand for future operations.Should the sale of mybet.com be completed, current operating company mybet Holdings SE will continue to manage the firm’s B2B services and as well as its European retail shop/stationary betting point locations utilising the mybet brand for an ‘extended period of time’.At present, mybet governance has chosen not to disclose any information related to the strategic investor or the future plans attached to the mybet.com enterprise.Last March, mybet governance confirmed that it was ‘reviewing the firm’s future options’ having entered negotiations with a Malta-based partner.In its previous corporate update, mybet governance detailed that the firm was reviewing the potential creation of a new online betting joint-venture in which the Frankfurt enterprise would hold 51% equity.Throughout 2017/18 mybet has moved to restructure its operations, redeveloping its digital platform as the company seeks to overturn performance declines related to its customer activity. Genesis to appeal UKGC’s ‘disproportionate suspension’ July 23, 2020 TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Submit Share Sharelast_img read more

Mansion extends strong Bournemouth partnership

first_img With the Premier League making its much anticipated return last weekend, Mansion Group has announced that re-signing of its partnership with AFC Bournemouth in the pair’s fourth consecutive season working together.Since the Cherries’ debut season in one of the world’s most thrilling and viewed football leagues, the online gaming group have been proud to support the Bournemouth team.The newly-extended partnership allows the gaming operator and club to continue their long-standing relationship, and will see the two brands working closely on a range of commercial projects and mutually beneficial marketing activities, to reach and reward both club fans and Mansion’s members.With the launch of their new sportsbook product, MansionBet, the Mansion Group have signed a number of tactical partnerships across the sporting world in recent months; covering boxing, pool, horseracing and even comedy, via the sponsorship of football’s funny man, Darren Farley.After years of working together, Mansion commented that they felt loyal towards Bournemouth, and considered the club and their fans to be extended family. Rob Mitchell, Commercial Director at AFC Bournemouth, commented: “I’m delighted that we have extended our partnership with Mansion Group.“Mansion Group have been a great supporter of the club throughout our time in the Premier League, helping raise the club’s global profile, and I look forward to continuing to work with them.” Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season  August 21, 2020 Share Share Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020 MansionBet adds Bristol City to sponsorship portfolio August 20, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit Related Articleslast_img read more